Tuesday, February 28, 2012

week 4

I ran into a couple speed bumps this week. I ordered a couple different mounts for the camera 2 weeks ago expecting them to show up pretty quickly but I didn't get them until today leaving me no time to put them to use. I do have them now and can't wait to put them to use this week.

Before I was pretty much using duct tape so secure the camera on the skateboard and car so these new mounts will help stabilize the picture and allow me more confidence that my camera will be safe on a car or other moving vehicle.

I was able to get much better shots on the skateboard using the duct tape and better lighting. I was planning on getting some different shots outside on the streets and in other skateparks but the weather stopped that pretty quickly so I will make sure to shoot as much as possible as soon as the ground is dry again. Here is a quick mix of the shots I got last night .



This week I plan to shoot more, record sounds and edit a soundtrack with them to apply to eyecon. I hope to get enough footage to start editing it all together in final cut and after effects to get closer to finishing.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dan,
    Interesting footage! I am actually quite interested in the sound you have recorded - the back and forth on the ramps is quite rhythmic in a way and perhaps could be included in your sound mix. Glad you received your camera mounts. Now is the time to get your final sequences shot and then start your post-production and editing in earnest! I am curious what kind of soundtrack are you going to use? Be careful to avoid the cliches of skate videos, using pop tunes and such - I'd really like to see you developing your own, original soundtrack - mixing together the recorded sounds, enhancing this perhaps through mixing and effects, will provide a much more original and conceptually sound audio that will be intrinsically part of the work.

    How do you plan to show this? Ideally? Projected installation? Flatscreen? Youtube?

    Have fun, good progress!

    joseph

    ReplyDelete