Thursday, May 5, 2011

Final Hotwheels Mini Golf



For my mini golf hole I chose to make a Hot wheels theme in order to incorporate a loop.  I ran into some problems with pepakura printing two sides for everything, but I eventually figured it out and made the shape of my loop, jumps and hole in 3D. I also wanted to create more than just a hole by itself so I made buildings in pepakura in order to give the hole a city theme to relate to the cars in Hotwheels. The hole is playable and both myself and Denver have made it in the hole in 2 strokes, though there has yet to be a hole in one. I added some more decoration to go with the theme by putting Hotwheels logos everywhere, putting actually Hotwheels cars on the streets and adding checkered flags to go with the race theme to indicate the start and finish of the hole. Overall I had a good time using the pepakura even though it was frustrating at times. It is a very cool program that I can see myself using in the future for 3D modeling because of how easy it is to create a template from the computer to the paper. I'm really proud of how well it came out and especially happy that myself and someone else made the marble in the hole. If it were bigger and at a real mini golf course I think the hole would be a hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment